- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced thinly
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 pound mushrooms
- 1 cup bulgar wheat
- 1.5 cups broth
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon tarragon
- chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat the oil in a skillet that can go in the oven over medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Cook until fragrant and the onions are starting to carmelize. This should take around 15 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms and cook about five minutes.
- Add broth, bulgar wheat, water and tarragon (you can also add salt and pepper to taste). Bring to a boil.
- Cover and put in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Toss with parsley and walnuts and serve. Enjoy!
This is a filling and flavorful meal that I will have again and again.